Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Parking for disabled people in residential areas
If you have a disability, and have a valid Blue Badge, we may be able to place a disabled parking bay near your house.
To qualify for a disabled parking space you need to:
- have a valid Blue Badge
- be the driver of the vehicle that will use the parking space
- have consistent difficulty finding a parking space near to your home
- not have access to off road parking
Once your application has been submitted we may visit you to consider the location of a disabled bay outside, or near to, your home and any road safety issues. As part of the application process, we may also request a letter from your doctor to confirm the need for the bay on medical grounds.
Disabled driver parking spaces are not provided to:
- Husbands, wives, parents, relatives or any named nominated driver of the applicant even if they live at your address and provide transport for you.
- To resolve driveway/garage access problems.
- To act as 'keep clear' areas for visiting vehicles such as taxis or in other cases, where the space would only be used for part of the time.
Applying for a disabled driver parking space in a residential area
To request a disabled driver parking space application pack or for further information please contact us.