Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Disabled driver's parking bay
You can apply for a disabled driver's parking bay near to your home if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- have a valid Blue Badge
- are the driver of the vehicle that will use the parking bay
- you experience frequent difficulty in obtaining a parking place close to home
- do not have a garage, driveway, hard-standing or garage nearby
Disabled driver's parking bays are not provided to:
- Husbands, wives, parents, relatives or any named nominated driver of the applicant even if they live at your address and provide transport for you.
- To resolve driveway/garage access problems.
- To act as 'keep clear' areas for visiting vehicles such as taxis or in other cases, where the space would only be used for part of the time.
How to apply
To request a disabled driver parking bay application pack or for further information please contact us.
Using the disabled driver's parking bay
Once the disabled driver's parking bay is installed it can be used by any blue badge holder - it is not the applicant's exclusive parking bay. Disabled people parking in these bays must display their Blue Badges at all times. It is the duty of the applicant to inform the Council of any changes in their circumstances.