Stay In The Loop - Sign Up For Email Alerts
Plymouth - Britain's Ocean City Plymouth Newsroom, latest news and information eBooks


Mail :
Revenues and Benefits
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Phone :
01752 304889
Email :



Money advice

Top tasks

Welfare Reform Agenda

The Government's Welfare Reform Agenda aims to help make the benefits and tax credits system fairer and simpler by:

  • Encouraging more people into work.
  • Protecting the most vulnerable people in our society.
  • Delivering fairness to those claiming benefits and the taxpayer.

Benefit caps

There’s a limit on the total amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to 64 can get.



Advice about under-occupying a property - sometimes known as the ‘Bedroom Tax’.

View benefit cap levels   View under-occupying page




Emergency and Welfare Scheme

The fund is broken down into two sections, Crisis Payments and Community Care Grants.



Apply for financial help