Stay in the loop
Plymouth - Britain's Ocean City Plymouth Newsroom, latest news and information Love Our Past Free Wi-Fi in libraries


Mail :
Corporate Information Manager
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Phone :
01752 306800
Email :


Woman at a call centre

Environmental information

Access to environmental information is covered by Environmental Information Regulations (EIR).

What is environmental information?

For a full definition please see the Environmental Information Regulations part one, section two. In summary, environmental information is any information about the environment.

How to make a request

If you cannot find the environmental information you are looking for on this website you can request it under the Environmental Information Regulations.

A request can be made:

  • Face to face by visiting our Customer Service Team in the Civic Centre if you need help completing the form
  • By letter or fax or using the form below:

Could my request be refused?

Information may be withheld if an exception applies and the public interest in withholding the information is greater than the public interest in disclosing it.

Details of exceptions which may apply can be found in The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 , part three, section 12.

If your request is refused you will be told which exception/s apply to the request and your right to appeal against the decision.

How long will it take?

Information covered by our publication scheme will be sent to you as quickly as possible.

A response will be sent to any request within 20 working days. This timescale may be extended if necessary if a qualified exemption is being considered requiring an assessment of the balance of public interest. You will however be notified of this and the estimated date of response.

If we are unable to identify the information requested we will contact you to clarify your request. The 20 working days will then start from the date when the request is clarified.

How much will it cost?

If a charge applies you will be advised of the amount and asked to confirm that you wish to continue the request.

What can I use the information for?

The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your own purposes, non-commercial research or news reporting. Any other reuse, for example commercial publication, would require the permission of the Council. Please see our re-use of Council information page for further details.

What do I do if I am not satisfied with the response?

If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled you may ask for an internal review to take place.

[Back to top]