Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth PL4 8AJ
Elizabethan House Google Map
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- British Library
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- The Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives
- The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- Disabled Go - Elizabethan House
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Opening dates and times
- Open from 2 July to 28 September 2013
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 12 noon and 1pm to 5pm
- Last entries at 11.30am and 4.30pm
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Experience a real feeling of history
On Plymouth's historic Barbican, you'll find an ancient doorway that takes you back in time to Drake's Plymouth.
Down panelled hallways and up spiral stairs, you'll find yourself in the furnished home of an Elizabethan merchant or sea captain.
Mind your head on the low ceilings and feel the creaking oak of the sloping floors as you explore the Elizabethan House.
See our restored kitchen and gardens on the ground floor, dining room and parlour on the first floor and bedrooms on the second floor.
- For a further insight into the history of the house through the ages visit our history page.
- Visit our museum education pages for details of education activities relating to the Elizabethan House.
- Visit our flickr site to see images of the house.
Download a map showing how to get to the Elizabethan House: