Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth PL4 8AJ
Elizabethan House Google Map
- British Library
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- The Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives
- The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- Disabled Go - Elizabethan House
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Opening dates and times
- Open until Saturday 3 October 2015
- Also open Saturday 24 and Tuesday 27 to Saturday 31 October 2015
- 10am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday
- Last entries at 4.30pm
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Experience a real feeling of history
On Plymouth's historic Barbican, you'll find an ancient doorway that takes you back in time to Drake's Plymouth.
Down panelled hallways and up spiral stairs, you'll find yourself in the furnished home of an Elizabethan merchant or sea captain.
Mind your head on the low ceilings and feel the creaking oak of the sloping floors as you explore the Elizabethan House.
See our restored kitchen and gardens on the ground floor. View the dining room and parlour on the first floor and bedrooms on the second floor.
- For admission prices please see our visitor information page.
- For a further insight into the history of the house through the ages visit our history page.
- Visit our flickr site to see images of the house.
Group and school visits
For all enquiries relating to group and school visits, please email Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery on firstname.lastname@example.org.