- Plymouth Porcelain: A New Collection by Clare Twomey
- Plymouth's Great War: Three Towns United in Conflict
- Whitehorse Hill: A Prehistoric Dartmoor Discovery
- Walk On: From Richard Long to Janet Cardiff - 40 Years of Art Walking
- In The Frame: Plymouth's Portraits Revealed
- Exhibition response
- Exhibitions archive
- Applying for an exhibition
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- British Library
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- The Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives
- The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Plymouth Remembers Programme
Now on display! Until Saturday 29 November 2014
September to December 2014
Saturday 13 September to Saturday 13 December 2014
Saturday 20 September to Saturday 13 December 2014
From Saturday 13 December 2014
Open for BusinessIn 2013, Multistory and Magnum Photos commissioned nine of the world’s leading photographers to document contemporary British manufacturing. Stuart Franklin, David Hurn, Peter Marlow, Martin Parr, Mark Power, Chris Steele-Perkins, Alessandra Sanguinetti, Bruce Gilden and Jonas Bendiksen visited over 100 workplaces across the UK, including 11 from the Plymouth area. Their photographs take us from traditional, handmade crafts to modern, intelligent automation; from foundries and assembly lines to research laboratories and high tech cleanrooms. Their images portray an economic sector of extraordinary resilience and diversity.
17 January to 12 March 2015
Beauty and Power: Plymouth's Greatest Gift As we celebrate the 100th anniversary of this outstanding Collection of 14th to 19th century prints, drawings, sculptures and books being gifted to the City Museum and Art Gallery, come and discover more about its most precious items and the men who built it.
The Cottonian Collection
24 January to 9 May 2015
Please note: for exhibitions that are in development, details are sometimes subject to change. If you are making a special trip to visit an exhibition or display we strongly advise that you keep checking this website for the most up-to-date information or call us on 01752 304774.