Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- Leading Devon museums part of national artist commissioning scheme
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is to be part of a national programme of pioneering collaborations between artists, museums and audiences.
[Posted 13.50 Tue 15 Apr 2014]
- Historic houses re-open for summer season
Plymouth’s historic Elizabethan House and Merchant’s House have opened their doors for 2014.
[Posted 15.43 Mon 14 Apr 2014]
- Council House opens its doors for third art exhibition
A new exhibition of contemporary local artwork has gone on display at the Council House.
[Posted 11.45 Tue 25 Feb 2014]
- Portraits by pioneering female artist go on show at Museum and Art Gallery
A touring exhibition featuring paintings by one of the most pioneering British artists of the 20th century will open in Plymouth on Saturday 1 March.
[Posted 10.34 Tue 25 Feb 2014]
- Final flourish for ‘Women in Art’ exhibition
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery's popular 'Women in Art' exhibition is heading into its final month and will feature a recent and highly prestigious acquisition during its last few weeks.
[Posted 10.49 Fri 21 Feb 2014]
- Museum’s under-fives music programme to feature leading folk duo
Two of the finest folk music performers and song leaders in the South West will lead an interactive event for the under-fives at the City Museum and Art Gallery on Friday 31 January.
[Posted 12.32 Wed 22 Jan 2014]
- Museum talks and tours mark new art exhibition, local history and Chinese New Year
Visitors to the City Museum and Art Gallery this January can enjoy a busy programme of lunchtime lectures and Art Bite tours.
[Posted 10.55 Wed 15 Jan 2014]
- City Museum and Art Gallery gets an early Christmas present from artist
Christmas has come early for Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery thanks to artist David Whittaker, who has donated a painting to its permanent art collection.
[Posted 10.05 Wed 18 Dec 2013]
- Festive fun for families at City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery’s 'Make and Take' programme for December has a decidedly festive feel, with two creative workshops for all the family.
[Posted 09.20 Wed 11 Dec 2013]
- New works on show in City Museum and Art Gallery’s ‘Women in Art’
A new selection of paintings can now been seen in Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery’s popular Women in Art exhibition.
[Posted 16.48 Wed 04 Dec 2013]