Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- Royal portrait returns to city following conservation work
A mysterious portrait believed to be of Queen Elizabeth I has gone on display at Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery.
[Posted 15.16 Thu 16 May 2013]
- Museum and Art Gallery holds special events for History Festival
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is holding two special events this weekend as part of the city’s first ever History Festival.
[Posted 11.00 Tue 14 May 2013]
- Last chance to see major ceramic show at City Museum and Art Gallery
Time is running out to see an exhibition of work by one of the UK’s most significant ceramic artists, currently on display at the City Museum and Art Gallery.
[Posted 16.42 Mon 29 Apr 2013]
- Museum exhibition gives insight into ‘The Making of a Modern City’
A new social history exhibition opening at the City Museum and Art Gallery this Saturday will give visitors a unique insight into the reconstruction of Plymouth following World War II.
[Posted 11.04 Fri 26 Apr 2013]
- Wild About Plymouth looking for the next great fossil hunters
Family-friendly natural history group Wild About Plymouth are heading to the Jurassic Coast on Sunday 28 April for a ‘Big Beach Fossil Hunt’.
[Posted 15.56 Thu 18 Apr 2013]
- Countdown on for the start of Plymouth's first-ever History Festival
There are just three weeks to go until the start of Plymouth’s first-ever History Festival which features a massive selection of over 100 events.
[Posted 14.17 Thu 11 Apr 2013]
- Museum takes little ones on a musical adventure
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is launching a brand new programme of events introducing folk and world music to the under-fives.
[Posted 11.03 Wed 10 Apr 2013]
- Final week for Museum’s Ida Kar exhibition
There's less than a week left to see an exhibition at Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery featuring 40 portraits by one of the 20th century’s most pioneering female photographers.
[Posted 11.00 Tue 09 Apr 2013]
- Historic Merchant’s House opens for the summer season
The Merchant’s House, one of Plymouth’s most historic properties, has opened its doors for the 2013 season.
[Posted 15.56 Tue 02 Apr 2013]
- New look for popular exhibition at City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery’s popular ‘Women in Art’ exhibition has been given a revamp and now features a new selection of works from its permanent collections.
[Posted 17.04 Wed 27 Mar 2013]