Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- Archaeology comes alive for special event at City Museum
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is celebrating the British Festival of Archaeology with a special, free event for all ages on Saturday 12 July.
[Posted 12.19 Wed 09 Jul 2014]
- Famous characters inspire films, tours and talks at City Museum
Explorers, artists, politicians and royalty are all featured on Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery's programme of events for adults this July.
[Posted 15.04 Thu 26 Jun 2014]
- Prehistoric finds go on display for first time thanks to HLF funding
A £30,000 award from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) will help some important archaeological discoveries from Dartmoor go on public display for the first time ever in Plymouth this autumn.
[Posted 17.19 Tue 24 Jun 2014]
- New Museum exhibition features four of 20th century’s greatest artists
Prints by Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Henri Matisse and Andy Warhol will go on display at the Museum and Art Gallery from Saturday.
[Posted 12.49 Thu 22 May 2014]
- Families buzzing about free events inspired by bee exhibition
Plymouth University will be a hive of activity on Saturday 17 May when it hosts two fun family-friendly events inspired by an exhibition about bees.
[Posted 11.43 Tue 13 May 2014]
- Plymouth History Festival receives HLF funding boost
Plymouth’s History Festival has received an extra funding boost thanks to a grant of £44,200 from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
[Posted 14.02 Thu 08 May 2014]
- New exhibition highlights World War I and Three Towns centenaries
A new exhibition marking the 100th anniversary of the start of World War One and the amalgamation of Plymouth, Devonport and Stonehouse is now on display at the City Museum and Art Gallery.
[Posted 17.10 Thu 01 May 2014]
- Last chance to see two major exhibitions at Museum and Art Gallery
Visitors to Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery have until 10 May to catch two significant exhibitions highlighting the work of two great artists.
[Posted 11.33 Tue 29 Apr 2014]
- Leading Devon museums part of national artist commissioning scheme
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is to be part of a national programme of pioneering collaborations between artists, museums and audiences.
[Posted 13.50 Tue 15 Apr 2014]
- Historic houses re-open for summer season
Plymouth’s historic Elizabethan House and Merchant’s House have opened their doors for 2014.
[Posted 15.43 Mon 14 Apr 2014]