Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- Archaeology comes alive for special event at City Museum
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is celebrating the British Festival of Archaeology with a special, free event for all ages on Saturday 12 July.
[Posted 12.19 Wed 09 Jul 2014]
- Famous characters inspire films, tours and talks at City Museum
Explorers, artists, politicians and royalty are all featured on Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery's programme of events for adults this July.
[Posted 15.04 Thu 26 Jun 2014]
- Prehistoric finds go on display for first time thanks to HLF funding
A £30,000 award from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) will help some important archaeological discoveries from Dartmoor go on public display for the first time ever in Plymouth this autumn.
[Posted 17.19 Tue 24 Jun 2014]
- Museum's September talks to celebrate engineering and art achievements
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery's popular lunchtime talks programme will celebrate some of the area's best-known landmarks and one of the region's most avant garde schools of art this September.
[Posted 11.18 Mon 07 Sep 2009]
- Vintage posters add to Museum's collections
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery has successfully acquired four vintage travel posters at auction to supplement its local art collections.
[Posted 11.21 Mon 29 Sep 2008]
- Workshop and talk by British author on offer at Museum
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery is offering adults interested in poetry and creative writing the chance to work with a published author.
[Posted 11.15 Mon 29 Sep 2008]
- Exhibition highlights the 'golden age' of St Ives art
An exhibition of colour and energy featuring abstract and figurative art inspired by the Cornish landscape will go on display at Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery this weekend.
[Posted 10.59 Mon 29 Sep 2008]
- New cases give a glimpse of extensive decorative art collection
A series of redisplayed cases are giving visitors to Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery a glimpse into its large and significant decorative art collection.
[Posted 10.48 Mon 29 Sep 2008]
- Museum launches a new learning resource for secondary schools
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery’s Learning Team has launched a new resource box for secondary schools, based on the themes of Slavery and Abolition.
[Posted 16.45 Wed 12 Mar 2008]
- Museum staff go back to school to create a new outreach unit
Staff at Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery are looking for old school memorabilia to help them develop a brand new resource for its outreach work.
[Posted 16.40 Wed 12 Mar 2008]