Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- British Library
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- The Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives
- The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Planning your visit
Museum opening times
- Tuesday to Friday - 10am to 5.30pm
- Saturday - 10am to 5pm
- Also open this Sunday (25 May) - 10am to 5pm
- Closed all others Sundays and Mondays
Shop and cafe opening times
- Tuesday to Friday - 10am to 5pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4.30pm
- Also open this Sunday (25 May) - 10am to 4.30pm
- Closed all other Sundays and Mondays
Find us on North Hill, next to Plymouth's Central Library and opposite the University of Plymouth. Our main entrance door is situated on North Hill. For a map please see the documents below.
Directions and travel links
Access and facilities
We are a fully accredited Museum.
We have been a VisitBritain Quality Assured Visitor Attraction since 2005.
Our 2011 exhibition, 'Draw Me a Story' was Highly Commended in the 2012 Museums and Heritage Awards in the Project on a Limited Budget category.
Our work on the 2011 'British Art Show 7: In the Days of the Comet' was shortlisted for the Plymouth City Council 2012 Star Awards in the Partnership category.