Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth museum and historic locations Google Map
- British Library
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- The Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives
- The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Planning your visit
Museum opening times
- Tuesday to Friday - 10am to 5.30pm
- Saturday - 10am to 5pm
- Open until 9pm on Friday 16 May for Museums at Night 2014
- Also open Sunday 25 May - 10am to 5pm
Shop and cafe opening times
- Tuesday to Friday - 10am to 5pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4.30pm
- Open until 8.30pm on Friday 16 May for Museums at Night 2014
- Also open Sunday 25 May - 10am to 4.30pm
Find us on North Hill, next to Plymouth's Central Library and opposite the University of Plymouth. Our main entrance door is situated on North Hill. For a map please see the documents below.
Directions and travel links
Access and facilities
We are a fully accredited Museum.
We have been a VisitBritain Quality Assured Visitor Attraction since 2005.
Our 2011 exhibition, 'Draw Me a Story' was Highly Commended in the 2012 Museums and Heritage Awards in the Project on a Limited Budget category.
Our work on the 2011 'British Art Show 7: In the Days of the Comet' was shortlisted for the Plymouth City Council 2012 Star Awards in the Partnership category.