Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Plymouth PL4 8AJ
Smeaton's Tower Google Map
Smeaton's Tower visitor information
Opening dates and times
- 10am to 5pm Tuesday to Sunday*
- Closed Mondays (except bank holidays and during school summer holidays), Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Last entries 30 minutes before closing
- Closed for certain events throughout the year
- *Smeaton's Tower will be closed until 2pm on Saturday 7 May due to a civil ceremony taking place.
|Child (aged 5 to 16)||£1.50|
|Child (aged under 5)||Free|
|Seniors / Students (over 60) on production of ID (student card, Student Union card, bus pass)||£2|
|Family ticket (up to 2 adults and 3 children)||£8.50|
Groups (10 or more)
||Email for prices*|
Tourist Information staff, Blue Badge Guides, Friends of Museum, Friends of Mount Edgcumbe, Museums Association, South West Fed of Museums Members (on production of membership card), Blue Peter badge award holders (on production of badge)
Joint entry - Smeaton’s Tower and Mayflower Museum
Get even better value when you buy a joint ticket for these two historic sites in Plymouth.
Adult - £4
Child - £2
Seniors/Students - £3
Due to its age and layout, we regret that disabled access to Smeaton's Tower is very limited.
For your safety we ask visitors to note that the lighthouse contains 93 steps, steep ladders, low ceilings and small openings.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
We regret that food and drink are not allowed inside the lighthouse.
View Smeatons Tower in a larger map