Education, Learning and Family Support
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
School Admissions staff available by phone from 11am to 3pm
- Advisory Centre for Education (ACE)
- Cornwall Council school admissions
- Devon County Council school admissions
- Directgov Schools Finder
- Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS)
- School Admissions and School Appeals Codes
- Special Education Needs and Disability tribunal
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Apply for a secondary transfer place to start in Year 7 in September 2016
How does this work?
- If you live in Plymouth, you can apply online for a secondary transfer place for your child.
- Once you have created an online application account, you can apply for up to three schools (your first, second and third preferences).
- Some schools also ask you to complete additional supplementary information forms. For instance:
- The standard application form does not ask about faith so faith schools may ask separately about this on a supplementary information form which you return direct to the school.
- You may also need to complete a supplementary information form if you are applying for a school in Plymouth, are a member of staff at the school and the school's admission criteria lists children of staff at the school as a priority category. This particular supplementary information form should be returned to us at School Admissions, Plymouth City Council, Windsor House, Tavistock Road, PL6 5UF.
Find the three schools you are interested in on our find a school page.
Read the relevant admission criteria for each school. All of the information that you need to know about applying for a school place including the school admission criteria, process timetable and school contact details are in the Next Step Parents Guide booklet below.
If the school has supplementary forms, you need to print them so that you can complete them. Faith schools require you to send additional forms directly to them. Other supplementary forms should be returned direct to us.
Register and apply online. Please remember the password that you create as you will need this every time that you log into your account. Once you have applied, you will receive an email confirmation. Please keep this email.
If you do not wish to apply online, you can download the Common Application Form below.
You can go back into your account any time up until the close date to amend your application. If you do this, please remember to re-submit your application and to make sure that you keep the confirmation email.
We will post a letter to you on 1 March 2016 to tell you which school your child has been allocated. This means that you will not receive the letter until after 1 March 2016. If you applied online you will receive an email on 1 March 2016 to tell you the allocation. You can also sign back into your account on that date to view the allocation.
Once you receive the allocation, you need to tell us whether or not you wish to accept the place.
Visit our help and advice page for further information about choosing and applying for schools.
The co-ordinated admission scheme document below explains how Plymouth will co-ordinate the admissions of all of the schools in Plymouth.