Abandoned Vehicles Team
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
- The Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- DEFRA (The Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- The Department for Transport (DfT)
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
If you suspect that a vehicle has been abandoned on a public road or public open space we will remove it.
The easiest and quickest way to report an abandoned vehicle is to download our free mobile app.
There's also a website version of our app if you don't have a smartphone or tablet. You can also fill out our abandoned vehicles online form, email email@example.com or phone 01752 304147.
An abandoned vehicle generally has the following characteristics:
- Appears to have been left unused on the public highway or open land for a considerable length of time
- Does not have road tax that is in date
- Usually in a poor state of repair and often burnt out, with windows smashed, wheels missing etc
How can I dispose of a vehicle?
If you have a vehicle that you wish to dispose of we offer a removal service for a small charge, currently £23.50. Caravans can also be disposed at a charge of £150. Any vehicles that are disposed of must be free from rubbish.
Visit our frequently asked questions page for more information.