Abandoned Vehicles Team
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
- The Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- DEFRA (The Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- The Department for Transport (DfT)
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
If you suspect that a vehicle has been abandoned on a public road or public open space we will remove it. If you know the current owner of the vehicle then we can't class it as abandoned and therefore can't take further action.
The easiest and quickest way to report an abandoned vehicle is to download our free mobile app.
There's also a website version of our app if you don't have a smartphone or tablet. You can also fill out our abandoned vehicles online form, email email@example.com or phone 01752 304147.
An abandoned vehicle generally has the following characteristics:
- Appears to have been left unused on the public highway or open land for a considerable length of time
- Does not have road tax that is in date
- Usually in a poor state of repair and often burnt out, with windows smashed, wheels missing etc