Animal Health Team
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- cyberLibrary - Plants and Animals
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA)
- Department of Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home
- DEFRA: latest bluetongue situation
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
The Animal Health Team provides a number of services relating to animals, not only the control of stray dogs but also many other aspects regarding animal welfare and pest control.
If you would like to know more on any of the services we provide please telephone 01752 304147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General service provided:
- The control of stray dogs under the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Noise Control under the EPA 1990 (barking dogs and other animal noise)
- Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- Dog Control Orders
- Animal Boarding Establishment Act 1963
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Cruelty to animals - who should you call
If you suspect that an animal of any kind is being subjected to any form or cruelty then please contact the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) Helpline 0870 5555 999.
We have formal links with the Department of Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) in enforcing national legislation governing the health and welfare of farm animals. This includes responding to complaints of neglect or ill treatment of livestock on farms, during transport, at markets.
The identification and registration schemes that are in place to control animal movements are also overseen by us, along with the issuing of animal movement licences for on farm movements and movement to slaughter.