Local Development Framework
Dept. of Development
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Plymouth Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2009
Relationship between Plymouth's SHLAA 2009 and the five year Housing Land Supply Assessment (2010 to 2015)
Each local authority is required to identify a five year supply of sites for housing and to report how it intends to meet this requirement in its Local Development Framework Annual Monitoring Report (AMR).
In accordance with government guidance, this year’s AMR 2009 looked to the future and reported on the five year supply period from April 2010 to March 2015. This SHLAA 2009 report forms the basis of Plymouth’s five year supply assessment, with appropriate adjustments made for the different assessment timescales, and to take on board the latest intelligence on availability and deliverability from April 2009 (the date of the SHLAA assessment) and December 2009 (the reporting deadline for the AMR 2009). These adjustments are summarised as follows:
- The rolling forward of the delivery period from 2009 to 2014 in the SHLAA to 2010 to 2015 in the AMR
- The removal of sites known to, or expected to, be completed April 2009 to April 2010
- The addition or re-assessment of sites receiving detailed planning permission since April 2009
- The re-assignment of a few sites allocated in the LDF Area Action Plans where delivery is known as likely to progress within the five years supply period
Where adjustments have been made they have been identified in the detailed site listings in the Annex to the AMR 2009. The results of the assessment of the five year supply of housing sites have been summarised in chapter 3, paragraph 3.64 of the AMR 2009.
SHLAA 2009 [9.6MB]*
* This is a large file and could take a long time to download.
We are currently carrying out a SHLAA 2013 as evidence for the Plymouth Plan. If you have a site which you consider could and should come forward for residential development for 5 or more dwellings which is within or adjacent to the Plymouth urban area, please email your contact details and a site plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.