Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990
- The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- The Department of Health
- The Department of Trade and Industry
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
We are responsible for cleaning your streets and removing litter.
Every road is swept daily, weekly or fortnightly depending on the area with busy high streets being cleaned more regularly than quiet residential roads. Very busy shopping areas, such as the city centre, are swept continuously throughout the day, seven days a week
What can you do to help?
- Please use a litter bin or take your litter home, remember that litter dropping is a criminal offence and you could be fined up to £2500
- Please do not drop chewing gum as it is very expensive to remove. Wrap it and bin it.
- Please pick up your dog's waste and dispose using the dog waste bins located around the city
- Please do not fly tip, either use our bulky waste collection service or dispose of unwanted household items at our local recycling centres