Plymouth Central Library
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Plymouth PATLIB is based in the Central Library and provides:
- Free patent searches by appointment.
- Espacenet search service giving you access to UK, European and world patents.
- Resources and information on all aspects of intellectual property including copyright, trademarks and designs.
- Free computer access - internet and web based email, MS Office.
- Free credit checks on UK companies. Basic information on directors, financials, CCJs and credit rating. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01752 305900.
For more information or to book an appointment, telephone 01752 306795 or email email@example.com.
For links to useful websites on intellectual property visit the cyberLibrary - Innovation.
One stop ideas shop
Guidance in a confidential setting from experts in the field, including Plymouth PATLIB, University of Plymouth, Outset Plymouth, patent and trademark attorneys and the Tamar Science Park.
All sessions are held in the Career Gateway in the Roland Levinsky Building at Plymouth University and at the Pool, Tremough and Health and Wellbeing Innovation Centres in Cornwall. The One Stop Ideas Shop normally runs from 2pm to 7pm on the 2nd Monday of the month and from 8am to 12pm on the 4th Thursday of the month.
Dates are on the University of Plymouth website.
There is a charge of £25 to be made on booking which is refundable to current University students and the unemployed.
Patents can be a fascinating source of historical information, whether you're tracing the development of a particular technology, or trying to find out more about one of the inventors in your family.
Download our guide to tracing historical patents below.