Schools Library Service
Plymouth PL5 3EJ
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Plymouth Schools Library Service (PSLS) Advisory Team
Do you require help with new school library areas? Are you moving or designing a new library? The design of the library will influence how and why it is used.
Our team provides advice and support in the following areas:
- Library development in the Ofsted library self-evaluation process
- Weeding and identifying stock gaps
- Help with purchasing new stock
- Advice and help with library management
- Advice on Information Literacy
Plymouth Schools Library Service advisory team can support schools with planning and developing new library areas by:
- Helping to assess the space available and what the library area will need
- Attending meetings at schools with shelving suppliers at various planning stages
- Advising on informal reading areas
- Advising on integrating computer study areas within layout
- Disability Discrimination Act - aspects to be considered
- Advising on Health and Safety in the library
- Helping with stock, layout, guiding and presentation
Please call or email one of our advisers regarding any questions or queries. They will help you develop a library appropriate to the needs of your school.
School Library Handbook
If you are a subscriber and you want to view our School Library Handbook please email email@example.com or phone 01752 780713 for the access details.