- Alexandra Park
- Astor Park
- Beaumont Park
- Blockhouse Park
- Central Park
- Dean Cross Park
- Devonport Park
- Devil's Point Park
- Downfield Open Space
- Efford Valley
- Freedom Fields Park
- Harewood Park
- Hartley Park
- Hoe Park
- Kit Hill Park
- Linear Park
- Moorview Park
- Mount Gould Park
- Mount Wise Park
- Mutley Park
- Newnham Meadows Park
- Patna Park
- Peacock Meadow Park
- Plympton Pathfields
- Radford Park
- St Levans Park
- Thorn Park
- Tothill Park
- Trefusis Park
- Victoria Park
- West Hoe Park
Street Cleansing and Grounds
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Blue Sound
- Central Park Allotment Association
- Devon Community Composting Network
- Horticultural Therapy Trust
- Plymouth in Bloom 2015
- The Big Dig
- The Conservation Foundation Tools Shed
- The National Allotment Society
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Problems or issues
- If you notice any problems with the park or facilities you can either report it to us by email to streetsceneservices
@plymouth.gov.uk or by phoning 01752 606034.
Beaumont Park was the vision of Reverend Thomas Bewes who owned Beaumont House (built in 1800) which borders the park. He bequeathed the land which now forms the park to the people of Plymouth after his death in 1890. The park was opened to the public in 1892, in those days there were clear views across Sutton Harbour and the Sound.
What to see and do
The park is surrounded by high walls and forms a unit with the next door Beaumont House. There are formal gardens near to the house whilst the rest of the park contains mature trees. The park is known to some as 'Squirrel Park' because of the abundance of grey squirrels which scamper about between the trees.
In 1899, Beaumont Road became the first tram route to be electrified in Plymouth. There are reminders of the tram days still on the south wall of Beaumont House, though the last tram passed in 1936.
Before it's present ownership, Beaumont House was used as a museum (1898 to 1916) and a medical dispensary (1916 to 1988).
See our events page for information about what's on in our parks and green spaces.
- There is a basketball hoop and ball games area at the west end of the park immediately to the north of the playground
- There is a large playground within the park at the western end refurbished in 2009, includes wheelchair swing (access via radar key), wheelchair accessible roundabout, trampoline, range of swings, toddler and senior multi-play units and spinning pole
Walks and nature
- The park is home to a number of mature trees including oaks, beech, sycamore and horse chestnut trees
- A display of woodland spring wildflowers on the southern side of the park
- Formal gardens near to Beaumont House
- Ample seating throughout the park
- Unfortunately there are no refreshment facilities
- Dog bins
Paths have a good surface allowing pram and wheelchair users to access most areas. Most accesses are level but one or two have steps. Wheelchair accessible roundabout and swing (access via radar key).
The park is open from 7.30am until dusk every day and is free to access.
Travel and directions
- 10 minute walk from the city centre along Ebrington Street
- The park is easily accessible using public transport with bus stops along Beaumont Road and Tothill Avenue
- Free car parking for one hour along Beaumont Road on the south side of the park
View Beaumont Park in a larger map