The Life Centre
Culture, Sport and Leisure
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Plymouth Life Centre, 40 Mayflower Drive, Plymouth, PL2 3DG
Prices, opening hours, timetables and bookings:
Plymouth Life Centre
Address: 40 Mayflower Drive, Plymouth, PL2 3DG
Telephone: 01752 606900
|For information about opening hours, timetables, prices and bookings please visit the Everyone Active website.|
- Family leisure pool with flumes, 'beach entry' and bubble pool
- Innovative climbing zone with 15-metre wall, aerial assault course, bouldering and abseiling
- Eight-lane indoor bowls rink
- 12-court multi-use sports hall suitable for badminton, five-a-side football, basketball, netball, trampolining and other sports
- 150-station fitness suite
- 10-lane, 50-metre swimming pool with moveable floors and 'booms' allowing flexible use
- Diving pool with moveable floor
- Dryside training facility for competitive divers and other sportspeople, with trampolines, springboards, harnesses, crashmats and other specialist equipment
- Relaxing oasis with sauna, steam rooms and showers
- Multi-purpose areas for dance and martial arts, which can also be used for a crèche and soft play
- Youth gym, squash, training and studio spaces
- Public cafe open to everyone visiting the park
The aquatic facilities are the largest of their kind in southern England (outside of the Olympic Village) and were used by a number of international swimming and diving teams in preparation for London 2012. The centre has the only 10-lane, 50-metre competition pool in the South West and one of the best diving pools in the country.
Local bus services that currently stop near the Plymouth Life Centre site include:
- First service 83
- Plymouth Citybus service 34
Alma Road/Milehouse Road
- Western Greyhound services 576 and 592
- First services 1, 1A, 4, 76, 81, 81C and 83
- Plymouth Citybus services 13, 16, 29, 43, 43A and 43B
For more information contact:
- Plymouth Citybus: 0845 077 2223
- First Devon and Cornwall: 01752 402060
- Western Greyhound: 01637 871871
Our public transport pages contain additional information that may help make your journey easier.
By park and ride
There are park and ride services direct to the Plymouth Life Centre from Royal Parade in the city centre and the George Junction in Roborough. Buses run every ten to 15 minutes Monday to Saturday. There is also a park and ride service from Coypool to the city centre, where you can catch a connecting bus.
For more information view our park and ride page.
Most coaches stop at Bretonside bus station in the city centre and you can catch local buses to the Plymouth Life Centre site from Royal Parade, which is just a couple of minutes' walk away.
Direct rail services run from London, South Wales, the Midlands, the North of England and Scotland and there are plenty of services for shorter journeys from Cornwall and other neighbouring counties.
Plymouth train station is about a 15-minute walk from the Plymouth Life Centre site, via Alma Road or through Central Park. Alternatively there is a taxi rank just outside the station and a bus stop a few minutes’ walk away on Saltash Road (over the footbridge).
For details and tickets please visit the National Rail Enquiries website or telephone 08457 484950.
Head for the south west on the M5 from Bristol to Exeter, then the A38 Devon Expressway to Plymouth. Drive time from London is around four hours.
You may also want to consider car sharing - visit the Carsharedevon website for more information.