Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Action on Elder Abuse
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse
- Care Quality Commission
- Criminal Records Bureau
- Department of Health
- Devon and Cornwall Constabulary
- Devon and Cornwall Probation Service
- Independent Safeguarding Authority
- Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements
- Plymouth Primary Care Trust
- Voice UK
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
How to report adult abuse
If you are concerned that a vulnerable adult may be at risk of abuse or know of a worrying situation, please do not ignore it!
You can phone any of the agencies listed below. We may need to follow up the information you give us and contact other agencies or services.
You can also report your concerns using our online form.
What happens after I report abuse?
Trained staff will carefully investigate your concerns. What happens then will depend on the wishes of the person you are concerned about and the seriousness of their situation.
If they are in physical danger, making sure they are safe will be the most important thing. Dial 999 in an emergency (if a serious incident or a crime has occurred).
We will offer the person information and advice so they can make an informed choice about any practical help they need or action they want to take.
If they cannot make an informed choice, we will take action to support and protect them in their best interest.
For more information about people who are unable to make certain choices, visit The Mental capacity Act page.
- Plymouth City Council - 01752 668000
- Devon and Cornwall Constabulary - 101