Services for Children and Young People
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
0800 085 8034
Monday to Thursday
8.30am to 1.30pm
- British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF)
- Could you foster?
- HMRC e-learning for starting your own business
- The Fostering Network
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
What support could I expect as a foster carer?
Fostering is a big commitment and the support available reflects the task. We want our foster carers to enjoy fostering and be equipped to do well.
As a Plymouth foster carer you will be part of a supportive community, entitled to the following benefits:
- A generous financial package
- Access to dedicated online support and information
- Individual support from your own supervising social worker
- A comprehensive training package
- Membership of a support group with other foster carers
- Round the clock support from the out of hours service
- Individual membership of the Fostering Network which provides a range of information, advice, support and insurance
- An ID card to access discounted rates at a range of local shops and attractions
- Invitations to regular social events for Plymouth foster carers including coffee mornings, family outings and celebration events
- Foster Care Forum - an opportunity meet with managers from Plymouth Fostercare and other services and have your views heard
- A 'buddying' scheme for practical support and advice