Corporate Performance Unit
How we are performing
The Audit Commission says we are performing well and improving the right things for the people of Plymouth.
The local government watchdog looked at how we work and says we are good at managing our finances and are making savings. The watchdog says we have strong leadership, work well with partners and are delivering value for money.
We score three out of four overall for managing performance and for managing our finances.
The report praises our 'strong and effective approach to improving services for the whole community' and says we are 'delivering real change and improvement on the ground'. It concludes: "The Council has a strong track record in improving its services. It has the right leadership in place to drive lasting changes and since 2006 the Council has made significant progress from a low position."
You may want to visit the One Place website which shows full details of our performance.
What the watchdog said about us
- The priorities for customers and the Council are being delivered
- Most Council services are effective and are delivering good results for people in Plymouth
- The Council is meeting challenges in the area and is striving to make Plymouth a better place
- Councillors and staff work well together and make the right decisions
- Council leaders have a very ambitious vision for Plymouth and show good political leadership
- The Council works well with other local organisations. This includes working with the police to reduce crime and with voluntary groups who help older people and families with young children
- The Council takes a strong and effective approach to improving services for the whole community
- The Council has the leadership, capacity and capability it needs to deliver future improvements.
For more information read pages 14 and 15 of this year's guide to services in Plymouth.