Corporate Information Manager
PUBLIC ACCESS TO INFORMATION
We have to make information available to the public either as a matter of course or on request.
If you receive a request for information please contact your team's Freedom of Information (FoI) representative as soon as you receive it. If you don't know who your FoI rep is you can find out by checking the FoI representatives list below. Legislation gives us a restricted period of time to respond to a request for information so it is important to start the process as soon as possible.
You may also find the requesting and using personal information page useful.
There is information on our access to information pages that explains:
- what sort of information the public can request
- how to make a request for information the Council holds
- reuse of Council information for commercial purposes
- regulation of investigatory powers
The pages also provide links to external websites with additional information and guidance which you may find useful:
- For the Data Protection Act see the page on personal information.
- For Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) see the page on environmental information.
- For Freedom of Information Act advice see our page on general information requests.
The Information Commissioner's Office publishes an introductory booklet called FoI hints for practitioners. You might also find the FoI eLearning useful if you are interested in learning more.
If you can't find the answer you need on these pages please contact the Corporate Information Manager.