Corporate Property Help Desk
The Corporate Property team are looking at how we can be better organised and more efficient when looking after our buildings. With over 2,000 assets - from the Guildhall, the Civic and Windsor, to schools, business units and changing rooms, this is a big task.
The Corporate Landlord project will look at the needs of the Council as a whole so that we can better prioritise our resources whilst providing a safe, secure, fit-for-purpose working environment.
Managing and maintaining buildings
To report a problem, discuss your requirements or to find out how the Corporate Landlord project can help you contact the Corporate Property help desk on 304588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Service for people in buildings, not just buildings
All property related budgets will transfer to Corporate Property as the Landlord. This means non-property staff will no longer have to worry about property related matters such as maintenance, cleaning and utilities leaving them more time to concentrate on their main job.
Corporate Property will:
- Manage property and its related services including cleaning, security, maintenance, improvement works, utilities, waste, statutory compliance and third party agreements, keeping you informed.
- Carry out structured property reviews to make sure your property is fit for purpose, meets the needs of your service and makes the most of the building.
- Maintain property data to inform decisions to drive improvement and efficiency.
- Produce and deliver an annual asset management plan which sets out targets, strategies, achievements and investment in our properties.
- Make recommendations on keeping, disposing of or finding alternative use for buildings we no longer need.
- Carry out regular inspections of all corporate premises.
- Set up a property asset management forum where you can raise issues and help us develop operational and strategic plans.
- Ensure the Council's property contributes to the city plans for growth and regeneration.
What do I need to do?
We are committed to making sure all Council property assets are safe, fit-for-purpose and efficient to help deliver the best possible service. It's not just about us communicating with you, we want you to tell us what you need and we will do our best to help.
To do this we need you to:
- Let us know as soon as possible about any possible changes to your Service that may affect your property requirements.
- Let us know as soon as possible of any problems with the property you occupy - immediately if they have Health and Safety implications.
- Let us know any ideas you have that would improve the property you occupy.
- Let us have any property data we request promptly. We need to have a complete picture of all the Council's properties in order to make decisions on how to improve the portfolio.
- Help us to maintain an environment which improves the Council's image and customers' perception.
- Allow us reasonable access to inspect the property and discuss any issues. If there are service or property specific reasons why access is undesirable at certain times let us know so we can time visits accordingly.
Take a look at our frequently asked questions for more information about how this might affect you, or contact the Corporate Property help desk.