Plymotion is a scheme that aims to make it easier for you to get around Plymouth by bus, by bike and on foot.
Through Plymotion we are offering various incentives to encourage you to try greener, cheaper and healthier ways of getting from A to B, as well as providing over half of Plymouth’s households with their very own personal travel advisor. Independent surveys show that in the neighbourhoods we have visited so far people are walking and cycling more and know much more about the local bus services.
We are now in the final year of the three year scheme which was launched in 2012 to introduce new walking and cycling links connecting the east and west of the city, including the restoration of the former Laira Railway Bridge.
In the last two years we have completed a network of walking and cycling routes in Devonport, Stonehouse and Stoke, improved the Finnigan Road junction, completed most of the route from Plymouth train station to Exeter Street, delivered Personalised Travel Planning to almost 30,000 households and hosted two Skyride City events and Sky Ride Local programmes in 2012 and 2013. The Plymotion bus service, the service 14, is also up and running.
There’s even more to come in this final year:
- The final and largest phase of Personalised Travel Planning – "Plymotion on Your Doorstep"
- More events and conversations where people work – "Plymotion at Your Workplace"
- Opening Laira Railway Bridge for pedestrians and cyclists ready for spring 2015
- Opening the Friary Park link and further improvements through the University and Ebrington Street
- Third Sky Ride Plymouth event along with more Skyride Local rides than ever before
- New wayfinding signs and interpretation boards across the city centre and waterfront
On our walking, cycling and public transport pages you can also find links to a whole range of other exciting improvements across the city which includes new cycle routes to the North of the city and much more.
These improvements will encourage and make it easier for you to travel more sustainably, whether you are on your way to work, going shopping or just getting out and about to enjoy our fantastic city and surrounding countryside.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01752 668000.
Join the conversation, Plymotion forum is now live.