Plymouth Advisory Learning Support
Supporting schools in raising the attainment of learners with SEN
Plymouth Advisory Learning Support Services (PALS) works in Partnership with primary, secondary and special schools in Plymouth to:
- develop effective whole-school SEN systems and processes
- raise the attainment of learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- evaluate their SEN provision and practice
The service works closely with Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) through consultation, advisory and project work on a range of whole-school special educational needs issues with a school improvement focus.
Advice is provided on resources and strategies to support pupils’ learning and to enable pupils with SEN to access the curriculum. A range of Continuing Professional Development (CDP) opportunities are provided for SENCOs, teachers and teaching assistants.
Through PALS organised SENCO conferences and regular updates, SENCOs and schools are updated on national and local initiatives that impact on support for pupils with SEN in schools.
- Sarah McConkey – Administrator
- Lynn Bennetts
- Susan Shelley
- Maggie Parke
- Jim Barnicott
- DfE SEN information
- Inclusion Development Programme (IDP) (DfE)
- Advanced training materials - high incidence SEN (DfE)
- Advanced training materials - Severe, profound and complex learning difficulties (DfE)
- P Scales (DfE)
- Plymouth Communication Interaction Team
- Plymouth Schools Finance
- Plymouth School Admin