Stepping Stones Team
Dept. of Development
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
- Dartmoor National Park Authority
- The National Trust
- Open Air Laboratories Network (OPAL)
- Plymouth Public Health Development Unit
- Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- The Conservation Volunteers
- University of Plymouth
- We are not responsible for the content of linked websites. Visit our disclaimer page for more information.
Stepping Stones to Nature
Plymouth has a huge range of natural spaces to enjoy. These include 26 County Wildlife Sites (CWS), 10 Local Nature Reserves (LNR), eight Sites of Special Interest (SSSI), 31 Parks and many other spaces for nature. Plymouth also borders three Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), Dartmoor National Park and a European Marine Site.
Stepping Stones are planning to work with people who don't normally think of parks and green spaces in their local community when it comes to enjoyment, entertainment, health or a free day out. Bringing together expertise from public health, parks, protected landscapes, neighbourhood renewal, play, rights of way, and outdoor education we aim to create new ways of getting more people enjoying the benefits of good quality natural spaces.
Events and activities
- Join us on Facebook and get regular events' updates.
* This is a large file and could take a long time to download.
How you can join in
If you are a local resident, community group or service provider interested to get involved in activities in either your local natural space and/or natural places in and around Plymouth, please contact the Stepping Stones Team on 01752 307849 or email email@example.com.