Do it online
|Pay for it|
|Apply for it|
|Comment on it|
Arts Development Unit
Plymouth City Council
Plymouth PL1 2AA
Arts and education
Arts and education in Plymouth is leading the way with the formation of the Young Peoples Arts Intelligence Group YPA(I)G.
YPA(I)G grew out of a 2008 report on the provision of arts opportunities for young people in Plymouth. This revealed a clear need for an umbrella group that could represent arts organisations working with and for young people. The key aims were to improve communications with the local authority and other partners as a 'one-stop-shop' and provide members with up-to-date intelligence on local events and activities, funding, training and new local, regional and national initiatives. The partnership creates a unique collaboration enabling small arts organizations and sole artists to work together and play a part in the wider commissioning landscape.
YPA(I)G is facilitated and coordinated by Barefoot, the Plymouth Arts Education Partnership Agency, and the members share the workload and responsibilities, helping to build an ethos of cooperation, mutual support and shared advantage.
Who are the core members of YPA(I)G?
- Barbican Theatre
- Plymouth Theatre Royal
- Plymouth Music Zone
- Plymouth Arts Centre
- Real Ideas Organisation
- Attik Dance
- Plymouth Music Collective
There are many other arts and creative organisations working with and supporting YPA(I)G, in Plymouth.
What does YPA(I)G do?
- Meets regularly to share information and intelligence relating to young people's arts
- Invites key partners to meet the members and explore how we can work together
- Pools resources to send representatives to key strategic city and regional meetings, conferences and seminars
What has YPA(I)G achieved?
- Negotiated a commission from Plymouth City Council Youth Service to provide a programme of summer arts taster sessions in 2009
- Shared information that has led to successful funding applications for support to develop YPA(I)G as a confederation
Please download the 2009 summer programme below.