Data protection

Information we hold about you is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Your rights

The Act gives you the right to:

  • Know what information we hold about you.
  • Know what your information is being used for and why.
  • Know where the information came from and who has access to it.
  • Make corrections to inaccurate data.

You have the right to make a request for personal information we hold about you or another person if they have given their consent. This is called a subject access request.

Make a request

With your subject access request form you'll need to provide two original identification documents from the list below. These documents will be returned to you either in person or by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

  • Birth certificate
  • Divorce, annulment or separation document
  • Marriage certificate
  • Utility bill
  • Passport
  • Bank statement
  • Medical card
  • Letter from doctor, solicitor or probation officer
  • UK residents permit
  • Benefit or Tax Credit letter
  • Pay slips

If you have difficulty supplying these documents please call 01752 307323.

Download Subject access request form [93KB]

If you think any information we hold about you is wrong let us know. Email or call 01752 668000.

You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office to seek an independent opinion. You can call them on 0303 123 1113, write to them at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or visit the Information Commissioner website.

Download Data protection policy [PDF, 123KB]