How to report abuse

What to do if you are concerned that an adult is being abused or is neglecting themselves

In an emergency, for example when a crime is in progress, or someone's life is at risk due to violence, serious illness or injury, please dial 999.

If you are concerned that an adult may be at risk of abuse or neglect, or are concerned about a situation, please do not ignore it!

Report it to Plymouth City Council on 01752 668000, and choose the Adult Social Care option.

You can also report your concerns using our online form.

Report Adult Abuse

We may need to follow up the information you give us and contact other agencies or services.

Hearing or Speech Impaired

What happens after I report my concern?

Professional staff will consider the information provided, make enquiries and provide feedback where appropriate. They will consider the wishes of the person you are concerned about and the seriousness of the situation.

We will offer the person information and advice so they can make an informed choice about any practical help they need or action they want to take.

If they cannot make an informed choice, we will take action to support and protect them in their best interest.