You can recycle or dispose of the following at Chelson Meadow:
- Antifreeze, asbestos, chemicals
- Batteries (car and household)
- Books, CDs, DVDs
- Bric-a-brac, clothes
- Cans and metal, cardboard, paper, plastic
- Electrical appliances, computers, fridges and freezers, televisions
- Fluorescent tubes and low energy lamps
- Garden waste, soil and hardcore
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars, sheet glass
- Metal, plasterboard, paint (including paint tins), wood
- Oil (cooking and engine)
- Bonded Asbestos, stone and soil are not classified as household waste and although small quantities of these waste streams will be accepted free of charge, larger quantities of stone and soil in excess of 2 tonnes and bonded Asbestos of 3 x 25kg bags (or equivalent) will be charged.
Vans and trailers
You need a van and trailer permit to take a van or a trailer into Chelson Meadow recycling centre.
Camper vans will only be exempt from needing a permit if there is a permanent sink and cooker in the van.