Tell us once

When you register a death you can use our 'tell us once' service and let us report the death to the following organisations for you:

Our services:

What you need to bring

We'll need the following information about the person who has died:

  • Death certificate
  • National insurance number
  • Details of any benefits or services they were receiving

You can also bring with you the following information about the person who has died:

  • Current passport
  • Current driving licence
  • Blue Badge parking permit
  • Concessionary bus pass (Plymouth issue only)
  • Library card (Plymouth issue only)

Please remember it's your responsibility to make sure any organisation that pays a benefit has correct information.

We may ask for the following information:

  • Their next of kin
  • Any surviving husband/wife or civil partner
  • Anybody who is getting child benefit on their behalf
  • The person dealing with their estate

You must get the agreement of the people listed above if you're going to provide information about them. If you're not the next of kin, or the person dealing with the estate, you can still use the service if you've the authority to act on their behalf.