Pay your business rates


You can make payments quickly and easily online via our online payment portal, please ensure you have your bank details to hand in order to complete your transaction

Direct debit

To set up a weekly or monthly direct debit please use the below enquiry form, and a member of the team will be in touch within 5 working days.    

Set up a direct debit

However if you have a joint account, the below document will need to be completed by the secondary account holder. Once completed please take a photo and email to us at or post to Revenues and Benefits, Plymouth City Council, PO Box 293, Plymouth PL5 9BZ.

Download Set up a direct debit [PDF, 80KB]

Amend your direct debit

Monthly direct debits can be set for the 1st or the 15th of each month by either 10 or 12 instalments, or via weekly instalments. If you would like to amend your current direct debit please complete the below general enquiry form and we will action your request within 5 working days.

Submit a General Enquiry

Internet and telephone banking

Our bank details are:

  • Barclays Bank sort code: 20-30-54
  • Barclays Bank account number: 53666298
  • Account name: Plymouth City Council - NDR

Please quote your eight digit payment reference from your bill to ensure payment is matched to the correct account and prevent missed payments

Payment can be made via our automated telephone line 24/7 on 0300 4560519.

We do not accept American Express.

If you are a BID customer, you will be unable to make payment via our automated line, please use one of the other methods noted above to make payment.

Business Rates are unable to accept payments via your local post office or pay point as the bills do not contain the required barcode.

Problems paying your business rates

If you don't make your payments on time, we'll send you a reminder or final notice shortly after the due date.

If you have trouble meeting your payments, please complete the below general enquiry form, and a member of the team will get in touch. We may be able to enter in to an arrangement depending on your circumstances even if it is on a temporary basis.

Submit a General Enquiry