Register to pay business rates
When you move into a business rated property, you must tell us as soon as possible.
The following information will be needed:
- Your full name and property address including trading name
- The company registration number (if it is a registered company)
- Your contact telephone number and position in the business
- Date lease/tenancy commenced or date property purchased
- Date stock was first put into the property
- Name and address of the owner and contact telephone number
We'll send you a business rate account. If you occupy between 1 April and the 31 December we will normally offer you instalments to pay your business rates. However, if it is towards the end of the calendar year (31 December) we may not be able to offer you this facility. For a full financial year you will be offered the option of paying your business rates with ten instalments. These normally start on 1 April and finishing on 1 January of the following year.