If your organisation uses minibuses to transport passengers, we recommend that your minibus drivers have taken an approved minibus driving assessment course.
If you're driving a minibus that's owned and insured by Plymouth City Council you must take the course.
To take the course you must:
- have passed your basic driving test before 1 January 1997
- have held a D1 driving licence category for more than two years
- be aged between 21 and 65
- be able to read a number plate from 20.5 metres
Category B licence holders must:
- be at least 21 years old
- have held a driving licence for at least two years
- be driving on a voluntary basis
- be driving for an organisation with a community bus permit
- not tow a trailer
- not drive a minibus that weighs no more than 3.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass (MAM)
- only drive in the UK