We provide support for disabled children and young people, their families and carers. We work with families to understand their needs and plan how to provide support that will make a positive difference. This might include:
- advice about community activities
- short breaks for disabled children and young people
- parent/carer assessments and support
- long term support for families when children have complex physical or learning disabilities or challenging behaviour associated with their disabilities
We can help children and families by:
- supporting parenting
- helping parents develop the skills and understanding to be more effective in meeting their child's needs and to keep them safe at home
- working with other teams or professionals to coordinate plans
- requesting funding for short breaks or personal care support
- arranging alternative care for children whose parents can't care for them
- reviewing complex support packages regularly to make sure support continues to be right for the changing needs of children and families
How to request support
To access the service a referral can be made through the Gateway. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01752 668000.
Plymouth Online Directory
The Plymouth Online Directory (POD) is a directory of services that includes information for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, families and professionals.