Support for parents and families
We can give you advice and support with parenting or help your child or teenager if they're having problems.
Email email@example.com or call 01752 668000.
We can help with issues related to:
- worries about your child's development
- young people regularly missing school or college
- bullying, cyber bullying and sexting
- gender, identity and sexuality
- mental and emotional health
- child sexual exploitation
- disabilities or special educational needs
- drugs and alcohol
- domestic abuse
- crime and anti-social behaviour
- poverty, homelessness or long term unemployment
- teenage pregnancy
- young carers
- asylum seekers and refugees
How we can help
We'll help you decide what kind of support is right for you and your family and put you in touch with the people that are best placed to help you. This could include:
- help from your local children's centre
- help for your child at school
- drug and alcohol advice
- support from youth workers
- support from the special educational needs and disability service
- information, advice and resources to help you with parenting
- parenting assessments and courses
- group support
- help with learning to read
- letting you know what benefits you might be able to claim
If you're worried about a child's safety and wellbeing, including a child in your family, you can report it to us.
Early Help Assessment Tool
The Early Help Assessment Tool (EHAT), an assessment for multi-agency support, is currently unavailable in the online version, but can be downloaded below:
Plymouth Online Directory Early Help Assessment [Word, 419KB]
Please email all completed assessments to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Gateway Team, GF, Windsor House, Tavistock Road, Plymouth PL6 5UF.
Please copy in the Gateway Team with any documentation from review meetings, such as minutes or delivery plans, when these documents are circulated to those attending the meetings.