Community cohesion describes the ability of communities to function and grow in harmony. A cohesive community has strong links to concepts of equality and diversity, and can be defined as:
- There is a common vision and a sense of belonging for all communities
- The diversity of people's different background and circumstance is appreciated and positively valued
- Those from different backgrounds have similar life opportunities
Strong and positive relationships are developed between people from different backgrounds in the workplace, in schools and within neighbourhoods.
Our shared commitment for community cohesion
"One Plymouth, many communities…
- A city where all our communities can make a difference
- A great place to live, work and play for everyone today, tomorrow and in the future
- A place where people of all backgrounds come together
- A city that welcomes a growing and diverse population
…a place we call home."