Energy rebate scheme
The Energy rebate scheme has now closed.
We have now closed applications, any remaining Council Tax accounts eligible for the rebate payment will have been credited £150 to the Council Tax account.
The discretionary fund will be paid to:
- Households who are receiving Council Tax support and live in a property banded from E to H will receive £150
- Households with residents that are severely mentally impaired and live in a property banded from E to H will receive £100
- Households with a Disabled Band Relief and live in a property banded from F to H will receive £100
- Households who have a single person discount and live in a property banded from E to H will receive £100.
- Households who receive Council Tax Support and live in a property banded from A to D will receive a £17.50 payment. This is on top of the £150 rebate they received earlier in the year.
You do not need to contact us, those who are eligible for the Discretionary scheme will be contacted.
Eligible households who currently pay Council Tax by Direct Debit will receive the payment into their bank account within the next few weeks.
If we not hold the Direct Debit details, eligible households will receive a credit to their Council Tax account.
The Government has provided a flyer regarding the rebate. If you receive paper bills, the flyer will be with your new bill. If you have opted for paperless billing, you can view the flyer on the Government website.