Microsoft Teams background competition
We know there’s loads of hidden beauty around Plymouth.
It could be as simple as a flower in an old stone wall, the way the sun light falls through a gate or even the early morning view from your front door.
We want Plymouth’s young people to take a picture of the hidden beauty in our city that we can use as the background for our next virtual Cabinet meeting on Tuesday 9 June.
We are committed to keeping local democracy running throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic by holding all our committee meetings online allowing Councillors to join virtually using Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams gives users the options to use different backgrounds and our Cabinet Member for Children and Young People Jemima Laing wants to encourage Plymouth’s children and young people to get involved. She said: “It's important that the council provides opportunities for the children and young people of Plymouth to engage with what the council does. The backgrounds add a professional look to council meetings and show case Plymouth views and it is great that young people have an opportunity to contribute to that.”
The winner will have their picture turned into one of our official Council virtual backgrounds that can be used at our different meetings. They will also receive a hamper from Chocaccino based on the Barbican, who are a member of our Shop4Plymouth initiative which helps reconnect the people of Plymouth with local stores and help you support local retailers.
Terms and Conditions
- There will be one (1) winner, with a prize consisting of: Chocachino Hamper to the value of £25, including delivery.
- Any costs incurred over the £25 prize limit must be paid for by the winner.
- Prize is subject to availability.
- Prizes are as stated and cannot be transferred or exchanged.
- To enter you must provide a photo or picture design of Plymouth for use as a virtual background by Plymouth City Council and complete the competition form. By submitting your competition entry you are providing Plymouth City Council with the rights and permissions to use your image in future promotional use.
- Entrants must be under the age of 18 and be residents of Plymouth, Devon.
- Only one (1) entry per person. Multiple requests and completed forms count as one entry.
- Entries close at 11.59pm on 4 June.
- Winners will be selected on 5 June and contacted on 8 June.
- The winners will be notified direct via the email address or phone number supplied.
- Entrants have the option to opt-in to receive further news from Plymouth City Council.
- Employees of Plymouth City Council, Destination Plymouth, Mayflower 400, Plymouth Waterfront Partnership and Plymouth City Centre Company are not eligible to enter this competition.
- We reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that we have reasonable grounds for believing that a selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
- Prizes have no cash equivalent and cannot be exchanged.
We reserve the right to terminate the competition at any point. Our decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any winners.