Training sessions will be held at various points in the year to help Councillors understand their duties in relation to child safeguarding and how to raise concerns about a child. The training is particularly targeted at new Councillors and also serves as a refresher for existing Councillors.
By the end of this learning event Councillors will:
- Understand what constitutes child safeguarding and child protection and their responsibilities, as an elected member of Council, in relation to safeguarding
- Be aware of good practice as an elected member in working with children
- Understand the statutory role of the Lead Member for Children’s Services
- Understand how to raise concerns about a child
- Know how to access further information and training in relation to child safeguarding
Safeguarding 2018 [PDF, 615KB]
Plymouth Safeguarding Children’s Board also run multiple, multi-agency courses which reflects lessons from serious case reviews and the outcomes of national enquiries to present contemporary thinking and best practice. For further information on these courses email email@example.com.