Environmental Information Requests (EiR)
Public authorities that are subject to the EIR must consider disclosure of environmental information under the EIR, rather than under FOIA.
Environmental information is any information on:
- the state of the elements of the environment and the interaction among these elements;
- factors affecting or likely to affect those elements;
- measures or activities affecting or likely to affect those factors or elements, or designed to protect those elements;
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation;
- cost–benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within the framework of those measures and activities; and
- the state of human health and safety, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they are or may be affected by those elements.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office for advice. You can call them on 0303 123 1113, write to them at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or visit the Information Commissioner website.
A response will be compiled and usually sent by email to you within a maximum of 20 working days.
Forms to be submitted
This request is not carried out by the Local Land Charges Section. Please email your requests to EIR@plymouth.gov.uk. A template can be supplied for submission of requests.
The originating departments will extract and compile the response to your EIR requests.
Free of charge.
For information about how Plymouth City Council will use the information you supply when making a FOI or EIR request and the information rights you have please see our Privacy Notice: Freedom of Information/Environmental Information Regulations.