Make a general complaint, compliment or give us your feedback
We get a number of enquiries where people don't actually want to make a complaint they just haven't found out how to raise the query. Our top queries, which you may resolve quicker by visiting the related pages, include:
- Report a pothole or a defect on the highway - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/roadsandpavements/reportpothole
- Report a missed bin - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/binsrecyclingandwaste/reportmissedbinorbag
- Report fly tipping - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/streetcareandcleaning/reportflytipping
- Request a parking permit – https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandtravel/parkingpermits
- Council Tax - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/counciltax
- Report a street cleaning issue –https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/streetcareandcleaning/reportstreetcleaningissue
- Appeal a planning decision – https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment/planningapplications/appealplanningdecision
- Housing Benefit - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/benefitsandgrants/housingbenefit
- Appeal a parking or bus lane fine - https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandtravel/parkingandbuslanefines
There are also some related pages linked on the right hand side of this webpage.
If you're unhappy about the service you've received, or you feel that we've done something wrong, or failed to do something, you can raise a complaint and we will investigate what has happened.
You can also let us know if we've done something well or suggest something we could improve.
Please note - if you are reporting something to us for the first time, seeking information or requesting advice, this is considered a service request rather than feedback. Please review the web page for the relevant service area and check our Self Service page to see whether there is a reporting form you can use to request a service instead.
Complaint response timescales
We aim to respond to complaints that you log through our website within a maximum of ten working days. Sometimes we might not be able to respond within this timescale, this might be because of the complexity of the issue. In such instances we will let you know why we can’t respond within ten days and let you know when we anticipate to respond.
For some matters there is a right to appeal or another process to follow instead of raising a complaint though this Feedback policy. Please review the ‘Related Content’ list to the right of this page or see more details in our customer feedback policy.
Customer feedback policy and process [PDF, 150KB]
What to do if you are not happy with the response to your complaint
If you are not happy with the response you receive, you have the option to submit your complaint again for review by a senior manager.