Make a general complaint or give us your feedback

If you're unhappy about the service you've received, or you feel that we've done something wrong, or failed to do something, you can ask us to treat this as a complaint.

You can also let us know if we've done something well or suggest something we could improve.

Make a comment or complaint or give us a compliment

We deal with complaints in different ways depending on how quickly they can be resolved.

On the spot complaints

If you tell us about a problem we will try to solve it straight away.

If you're happy with the solution, we'll record your complaint so we can use it to improve our service.

We won't send you a written response unless you ask for one.

Complaints that need further investigation

If you want to lodge a formal complaint and receive a written response we'll let you know that we've received your complaint within three working days (or instantly if you complained online, on the telephone or face-to-face).

If we can resolve your complaint straight away we will. Otherwise your complaint will be investigated and we'll give you a response no later than 10 working days from the date we sent you the acknowledgement. We'll tell you if it will take longer for any reason.

For some matters there is a right to appeal or another process to follow.

If you don't feel your complaint has been dealt with properly

If you're unhappy with our response you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman, an independent organisation which investigates complaints about councils.

Get more information on the Local Government Ombudsman website or ask at any of our enquiry desks for a leaflet.

If your complaint is about a Freedom of Information request you can complain to the Information Commissioner.

Download Customer feedback leaflet [PDF, 160KB]

Download Customer feedback policy and process [PDF, 140KB]