The Free Access for National Sportspeople (FANS) scheme provides the city's national and international level sportspeople with free access to a range of leisure facilities in the city to help them achieve their full potential by reducing the financial burden of training costs.
Check if you qualify
The scheme is open to Plymouth's elite sportspeople of all ages who compete at a national level or above in any sport recognised by Sport England.
To be eligible for the scheme you must:
- reside within the recognised city boundaries, or be affiliated to a Plymouth sports club
- be a current member, and compete for a national or international team/squad in a sport recognised by Sport England
- represent, and compete for your home country (for example England, Wales, Jamaica) or Great Britain in a sport recognised by Sport England
How to apply
Facilities available to use
The following leisure facilities support the FANS scheme:
- Brickfields Sports Centre - gym and athletics track
- Plymouth Life Centre - gym and swimming pool
- Plympton Pool and Gym - swimming pool and gym
Membership of the scheme is renewable every year where you'll have to show continued sports performance at a national level or above.
Email email@example.com or call 01752 307008 for more information about the scheme.