Gas safety

Landlords must check gas fittings and systems every 12 months and give tenants a copy of the safety certificate. Landlords must ensure that the fittings and system are maintained in a safe condition using a Gas Safe registered fitter (Gas Safe Register has replaced Corgi registration).

The Gas Safe Register website has advice and information for landlords and tenants.

Find an engineer on the Gas Safe Register

To report someone working illegally call 0800 408 5500.

Further advice and information: