How we deal with a home that remains empty

We always prefer to work with owners to help bring properties back into use. However when this help is refused we can take the following action:

Enforced sale

Used to force the sale of a privately owned property where there's a financial charge in favour of us.

Compulsory purchase order

Used to purchase privately owned empty properties when all other options have been exhausted.

Empty dwelling management order

Used to give us power to take over the management of an empty property and reoccupy it.

Enforcement procedure

Information on our empty homes enforcement procedure:

 Empty homes enforcement procedure [PDF 164KB]

Email or call 01752 304235 for help and advice on bringing an empty property back into use.