Housing improvements/disrepair

If you've identified defects or problems with the property you live in, you should write or email the landlord and give them the opportunity to resolve your concerns. If your landlord uses an agent you should send your letter or email to the landlord c/o the agent’s address.

Once reported you should allow your landlord 14 days to respond. Always keep copies of any letters/emails you send.

If your landlord doesn't make the repairs after you have written to them you can ask us for help by completing the following online form. 

Housing improvement service request

Requests will be assessed in date order but concerns about health and safety may take priority.

 Privacy Notice - Housing Improvement [PDF, 123KB]