The Inclusion, Attendance and Welfare Service consists of a team of skilled professionals experienced in dealing with the most vulnerable children and young people in the city, including young people who, within their family circumstances, experience significant mental health issues, family breakdown, domestic violence, chaotic lifestyles, abuse, substance misuse and so on.
The team provides advice to schools to enable them to fulfil their statutory functions in relation to:
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Attendance and behaviour
- Legal responsibilities
- Children Missing Education
- Elective Home Education
- Employment and performance
In addition it:
- Supports schools to access managed transfers and alternative provision for pupils at risk of permanent exclusion
- Supports parents and schools to ensure children access their entitlement to an efficient and suitable education
- Identifies and shares good practice in schools, signposts and supports referrals to appropriate intervention
- Monitors exclusion and attendance data
- Provides advice, guidance and training
If you need to make a referral to an Education Welfare Officer, please use the form below.
When sending in your referrals please attach an up-to-date registration certificate.