Joining the library is free and available to those that live, work or study in Plymouth.
If you join the library online, you'll need to visit a library to pick up your card. Alternatively, you can ask for a digital library card number.
You can also join at any local library (no identification required).
Once you join the library in Plymouth you'll be able to:
- reserve and renew items online via the Plymouth Libraries app or our website
- borrow and return books at any library in the city
- download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- download free digital magazines and comics
- use our online resources including dictionaries, encyclopedias, streaming music, newspapers, homework help and more
- use a computer and printing facilities
You'll need a PIN if you want to renew and reserve books online with the Plymouth Libraries app or via our website, use a computer or wifi in a library, or download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eComics and digital newspapers. Your PIN would have been set up when you joined the library.
If you do not know your PIN or you have forgotten it you can reset it by clicking on "Forgotten PIN" in the sign in box on our Plymouth Libraries Online website or email us at email@example.com