Protect your ideas
Plymouth PatLib is part of a national network of Intellectual Property (IP) Information Centres supported by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO).
- information on all aspects of IP, including patents, copyright, trade marks and designs, helping local businesses and individuals to understand and exploit their IP
- free assisted patent, trade mark and design searches for start-ups and small businesses
- Espacenet patent search service with access to UK, European and Worldwide patents
- low cost city centre meeting space
- workshops and activities
- free credit checks on UK companies (basic information on directors, financials, CCJs and credit rating)
Email email@example.com or call 01752 306795 to make an appointment or for more information.
One stop ideas shop
Guidance in a confidential setting from experts in the field, including Plymouth PatLib, University of Plymouth, Outset Plymouth, patent and trade mark attorneys and the Plymouth Science Park.
All sessions are held in the Career Gateway in the Roland Levinsky Building at Plymouth University and at the Pool, Tremough and Health and Wellbeing Innovation Centres in Cornwall. The One Stop Ideas Shop normally runs from 2pm to 7pm on the 2nd Monday of the month and from 8am to 12pm on the fourth Thursday of the month.
Dates are on the University of Plymouth website.
One Stop Ideas Shop [PDF, 3MB]
There's a charge of £25 to be made on booking which is refundable to current University students and the unemployed.
Patents can be a fascinating source of historical information, whether you're tracing the development of a particular technology, or trying to find out more about one of the inventors in your family.