Charges apply from 1 February 2018
Charges for overdue books (including audio books)
Fines are only payable for days that the library is open; charges will therefore vary between libraries. Charges are per item per day.
- Adults - 25p (maximum £7.50)
- Children and young people (0-17) - No charge
You can renew items in any library, by phone or online. We can also send you email reminders three days before your items are due back.
Find out more about renewing library items.
Overdue letters - members over 18 years of age
We charge 60p for each overdue reminder sent by post or email to any member aged eighteen or over. This applies to all reminders for books and audiobooks, and to follow-up reminders for other items.
- One to two items - £1.15 for up to one week then 50p per day up to a maximum of £12
- Three+ items - £5.65 for three-week loan then 50p per day up to a maximum of £12
- Premium - £3.50 for up to three days then £1.50 per day (maximum £15)
- Standard - £2.75 for up to one week then 50p per day (maximum £13)
- Value - £1.65 for up to one week then 25p per day (maximum £6.50)
- Short - 75p for up to one week then 15p per day (maximum of £3.75)
Request fees for books, DVDs and CDs
- In stock or on order item (notification by email) - Free
- In stock or on order item (notification by letter) - £1.15
- Not in stock item (notification by email) - £3
- Not in stock item (notification by letter) - £4.15
- Urgent requests (interlibrary loans) - Plymouth council tax payers: £4.65; Other: £11.30
- Journal articles - £3 (plus photocopying costs)
If we are unsuccessful in obtaining a copy of the book (or item), the request fee is non-refundable. The fee covers the work undertaken when we try to source the book (or item) for you.
Hire of music sets/playsets
Plymouth based groups
- Vocal scores/Libretti per 10 copies - £2.60 per month
- Boxed Vocal/Orchestral sets per box - £3.50 per month
- Playsets - £2.10 per loan
Non-Plymouth based groups
- Vocal scores/Libretti per 10 copies - £4.15 per month
- Boxed Vocal/Orchestral sets per box - £6.20 per month
- Playsets - £2.30 per loan
Printing and photocopying
There is no discount for double-sided copies. Prices are per sheet unless stated.
- A4 black and white - 10p
- A4 colour - 50p
- A3 black and white - 30p
- A3 colour - £1.50
- A4 black and white - £2.75 (up to four sheets, then 60p per sheet), plus postage and packing
- A4 colour - £1.70 per sheet, plus postage and packing
- A3 black and white - £3.60 (up to four sheets, then 80p per sheet), plus postage and packing
- A3 colour - £2.30 per sheet, plus postage and packing
Computer access for visitors
- 15 minutes and two prints - £1.15
- 30 minutes and five prints - £2.30
- 60 minutes and five prints - £3.40
- 120 minutes and five prints - £5.65
Printing from microform
- A4 black and white - 75p per sheet
- A3 black and white - £1.50
Photographs and other images
We supply copies of our photographs for commercial and non-commercial purposes if we own the copyright or if the photograph is not in copyright.
- JPEG/TIFF file sent by email - £17
- Printed on A4 160 g/m2 paper - £5.60
- Printed on A3 160g/m2 paper - £11.30
The library service has meeting spaces for hire (book a meeting room)
- First 15 minutes - free of charge
- Hourly charge - £45.20 plus VAT or pro rata
Sales of art and crafts
Arts and crafts on exhibition may be made available for sale, either by hire of designated exhibition space or by direct sale to the public with commission of 20 per cent (inclusive of VAT) of the price being made payable to Plymouth Library Services.
Lost and damaged items
A scale of charges operates which reflects the replacement cost. Talk to library staff or email email@example.com